A half hour of instruction on subjects such as nutrition, running form, principals of training, race preparation, etc. will take place at the beginning of each session, followed by a long run. Running routes will be explained with mileage markers for different distances. Everyone will run at their pace (we will help you figure out what your pace should be) and a distance appropriate for the level of fitness you are currently in.
In other words this isn’t a cookie cutter program it’s customized for YOU! Kent and Shiobbean will help set up your weekly training plan before you leave so you know your training for each week. Last year we had close to 50 people in the training program!
- The training program starts in March and runs for 10 weeks ending in May with the Steel Rail Half Marathon!
- Meets every Sunday morning at Berkshire Running Center.
- Everyone in the training program will get the lowest rate for the SRHM regardless of when you register, and everyone in the training program will be able to get into the race even if the race sells out.
- Race discounts and guarantees only apply to those who sign up for the training program BEFORE the first day of training.
- On occasion class location may change, all participants will be notified in advance.
- SRHM training shirts for all participants!